Josephine Koh: Teachers’ Choice selected Piano Repertory and Studies Grade 4-5
Examination Pieces for 2019 & 2020
Based on the graded piano examination syllabi of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
Teacher’s Choice, selected Piano repertory and studies for grades 4 and 5 compiled to provide teachers and students with good options for the 2019 and 2020 ABRSM piano examinations.
- This collection of interesting and appealing piano pieces contains editorial suggestions for pedagogical purposes. Most teachers will find the performance points helpful in developing stylistics awareness in the students.
- Examinations requirements aside, details on articulation, dynamics, fingering, pedal marks and tempo serve to provide a directed approach for students to strive towards achieving musical excellence and perfection.
- Effective technical studies for each level have been included, as essential materials to develop higher technical skills.
- Most important of all, enjoy the high standards of music typography – such clear, professionally laid scored supported by modern publishing technology and musical semiotics. The digital prints on quality cream-colored paper ensures comfort in the reading of music scores.
- A4 J. S. Bach Minuet: 5th movt from French Suite No. 3 in B minor, BWV 814
- A5 Diabelli Scherzo (Allegro): 2nd movt from Sonatina in G, Op. 151 No. 1
- A6 Haydn Finale (Presto): 3rd movt from Sonata in A, Hob. XVI:26
- B1 W. Carroll The Reef: No. 5 from In Southern Seas
- B4 Grechaninov In the Fields: No. 10 from Glass Beads, Op. 123
- B5 Kullak Grandmama Tells a Ghost Story: No. 3 from Scenes from Childhood, Op. 81
- B6 Tchaikovsky Morning Prayer: No. 1 from Album for the Young, Op. 39
- C1 William Gillock Holiday in Paris
- A4 W. F. Bach Allegro in A
- A5 Handel Aria in G: 4th movt from Suite in G, HWV 441
- A6 Kuhlau Allegretto Grazioso: 2nd movt from Sonatina in C, Op. 55 No. 3
- B4 Bloch Dream: No. 10 from Enfantines
- B5 Franck Poco Lento: No. 5 from L’Organiste, Vol. 1
- B6 Schumann Erinnerung: No. 28 from Album für die Jugend, Op. 68
- C4 Gillock New Orleans Nightfall from New Orleans Jazz Styles
- C5 Poulenc Valse Tyrolienne: No. 1 from Villageoises
Available on backorder
- Item Number: 9789811177583 / WMP 2416
- Publisher: Wells Music Publishers
- Edited and Annotated by: Josephine Koh
- 47 Pages